Leaderboard
728x15

Algarve and the Wetlands

Large Rectangle
Here are some more shots of birds we see in the Wetlands. A place I often post about, but we seem to be drawn to it's natural beauty, and it's a safe place to walk Mel, away from traffic, and the noise of a busy fishing village.


Sharing how difficult it is at times to spot birds in this kind of landscape.
 

A Stonechat perched on top of the reeds.
 

After a long dry summer, the water level was very low.
 

I'm not sure about the ID of these birds , perhaps young flamingos, but they were surrounded by Grey Herons, which was puzzling!
 

These are all views taken from a long way away.
 

Spoonbill.
 

Egrets
 


 

I wish this shot had been a little nearer. I think it's either a Hawk or a Harrier, but I 'm not sure!
 

Spoonbills and Herons.
 

Cormorants were plentiful.
 


 


 

Flamingos.
 

We saw many Flamingos. All these shots were taken in December 2017.
 
WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY
SATURDAY'S CRITTERS
I'D-RATHER-B-BIRDIN
Banner